2017-2018 Flu Shot Clinics
Vaccination clinics open Monday, October 2 - Saturday, October 28
Monday - Friday 8:30 am - 12:30pm, 1:30-5:30 pm | Saturday 9am - 3pm
- Harbour Pointe
- Mill Creek
- Smokey Point
Fluad, an influenza vaccine specifically designed for people age 65 years and older will be available. Quadrivalent flu vaccine will be available for all other adults. FluMist will once again not be offered in accordance with updated CDC guidelines.
Recommendations are for everyone ages 6 months and older to get vaccinated. Frequent hand-washing, covering coughs and staying home if ill also help prevent the spread of flu.
- A yearly flu vaccine is the first and most important step in protecting against flu viruses.
- Children younger than 6 months are at high risk of serious flu illness, but are too young to be vaccinated. People who care for them should be vaccinated instead.
- Vaccination of high risk persons is especially important to decrease their risk of severe flu illness.
- People at high risk of serious flu complications include young children, pregnant women, people with chronic health conditions like asthma, diabetes or heart and lung disease and people 65 years and older.
- While there are many different flu viruses, the flu vaccine protects against the three viruses that research suggests will be most common.
- The 2017-2018 vaccine will protect against two influenza A viruses and two influenza B viruses.
- FluMist will not be offered this year according to CDC guidelines.