“Children should be protected from the sun in every possible way because the vast majority of the sun damage that happens in our lifetime happens before the age of 18…running around outside in the summer and getting burned and peeling should really be a thing of the past as we know now how dangerous those early life sunburns are…” —dermatologist Dr. Zarry Tavakkol
5 Ways to Protect Your Skin From Sun Damage
- Use clothing to protect your skin from the sun.
- Use sunscreen with SPF 30-50 all year long.
- Opt for sunscreen lotion instead of spray as it provides a thicker protection.
- Stay out of the sun during peak hours of 10 am – 2 pm.
- Wear hats with wide brims.