Starting a new exercise routine
Here are six suggestions for success as you start, continue or revamp your exercise routine in the New Year.
- Schedule your workout. Dedicate specific time to your wellness. It’s easy to push off exercise until next time. Schedule using your phone's calendar or preferred planner. Think of it as a regular appointment.
- Have a support system. Pick a partner to work out with or join a class and make friends.
- Expect bad days. We all have them. Stick with the program.
- Don’t rush. Be patient and start slow. The goal is to achieve consistent activity.
- Do it for you. Don’t compare your progress to others.
- Have fun. Getting and staying healthy can be fun. Share routines, running routes and recipes with friends.
DISCLAIMER: The contents and opinions expressed by Everett Clinic teammates and providers on “A Healthier You” blog and those providing comments are theirs alone and are not a substitute for medical advice. Consult your own provider for personal health recommendations.
About This Blog
Ready to take charge of your health? Join the conversation with our team of wellness experts. Get tips on prevention, exercise and strategies for a healthier you!